How to Get Involved in GCM’s Christmas Hamper Project
Each year Gloucester City Mission runs a Christmas carol concert for our street friends. At this event we also distribute Christmas hampers; often the only present that these individuals receive over the holiday period.
If you would like to help GCM with its Christmas hamper project you can put together your own hamper based on the following suggestions:
- Strong plastic carrier bag
- Food/drink: mince pies, cake, chocolates, sweets, small jar of coffee, small packet of tea bags, drinking chocolate, packet soup, small packet of sugar, Pot Noodles
- Toiletries: soap, flannel, deodorant, shampoo, shaving cream, razors, etc
- Clothing: gloves, scarf, hat, socks
- A Christmas cracker
- Suitable Christian literature
- A Christmas card from yourself / house group / Church
No nuts please; many substance abusers and homeless have no teeth, or very few, also no tangerines or oranges due to the difficulty in distributing them while still fresh
Please feel free to donate just a few items on the list rather than a full hamper if you’d prefer, as we will put hampers together from donations prior to our carol service.
This year our ‘Street’ Carol Service will be held on December the 13th, 2017. We would appreciate any contributions toward the project by Wednesday the 6th of December at the very latest.
Thank you for your help; without your support we would be unable to continue with our hamper project and our other activities in the city of Gloucester.